Ismailia Museum
 
 
 

 


  

The Ismailia Museum opened in 1932 in a building constructed in a style inspired by the Greco-Roman architecture of Egypt. The collection includes approximately 4,000 objects from the Pharaonic and Graeco-Roman eras, including such outstanding pieces as a large and beautifully preserved Roman floor mosaic dating to the 3rd century BC. A beautiful garden serves as an open-air gallery for statuary and stelae. Labels are in Arabic and English.

HOURS OF OPERATION:
Open daily, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
9:00 AM-3:00 PM during Ramadan

TICKET COST:
Egyptian: LE 1 (LE 0.50, students)
Foreign: LE 6 (LE 3, students)
Student rates available to bearers of a valid student ID from an Egyptian university or an International Student ID Card (ISIC)

LOCATION:
Salah Salem St., Al-Afareng, Ismailia

DIRECTIONS:
BY TAXI: ask for “met-haf al-ismailia”

The museum is wheelchair-accessible.

CONTACT INFO: Phone: (064) 322749

NOFLASH PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED

Ismalia Museum exterior (SCA Archives)

 
Abdeen Palace

Ismalia Museum exterior (SCA Archives)