The Royal Jewelry Museum
 
 
 

 


  

Housed in a villa that belonged to Queen Farida (married to King Farouk, r. 1936-1952), the Royal Jewelry Museum has a collection of royal jewelry and medals. In addition, it illustrates the excess of the royal lifestyle, with lavish décor, jewel-encrusted garden tools, and a gold chess set. Labels are in Arabic and English. The museum is currently under renovation.

HOURS OF OPERATION:
Open daily 9AM-4PM

TICKET COST:
Foreign: LE 20

LOCATION:
27 Sharia Ahmed Yehia Basha, Glymm, Alexandria

DIRECTIONS::
BY TRAM: Tram 2 to Qasr as-Safa stop and look for large white villa

BY TAXI: ask for “met-haf al-megawharat al-melekiya”

FACILITIES:: cafeteria, bookstore

NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED.

The museum is wheelchair accessible.

CONTACT INFO : Phone: (03) 586 8348

Royal Jewelry Museum exterior (SCA Archives)