the Faiyum, about
10 km southeast of the Pyramid of Hawara
is the Pyramid of El-Lahun (Illahun), built
by Senusret II (1880-1874
B.C.). Once encased in limestone, the mud-brick
core is all that remains of this pyramid.
While most of the treasures were stolen
in ancient times, a spectacular gold uraeus
was discovered here that is now on display
in the Egyptian Museum.
Daily, 9 AM – 5
Egyptian: 2 LE
Foreign: 30 LE
50% reduction for bearers of International Student ID Card
22 km. southeast of El-Fayoum
BY BUS: Buses between Beni Suef and al-Fayoum
stop at the village of al-Lahun, which
is approximately 2 km from the pyramid.
TAXI: ask for “harum al-lahun”